Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grillin' - Buttery Shallots

You might not think you're into shallots, but this little buttery piece of heaven will change your mind.  Seriously.

AND, it couldn't be easier.



In my quest to keep summertime meals out on the grill, these shallots can be a fabulous addition to almost anything:  topping an awesome steak, as the base for a fabulous pizza or quesadilla; in a packet with fish, tomatoes, and olives; even served on the side of pork skewers.  So versatile.  So delicious.  So easy.




Are you familiar with shallots?  If you're not, to prepare them, all I do is cut off both ends, cut them in half, and remove the outer peel.




Put them in a barbecue-safe dish.  I have a dollar-store ovenware dish that I use.  Add a few generous (generous) dollops of butter, salt, and pepper.



Cover with tin foil and set on the top shelf of your barbecue (ignoring the crusty pieces of fish from yesterday's grilling that still remain).  Close the top and let it go for 45 minutes.



Carefully remove from the grill (that butter is liquidy and hot - a deadly combination if you spill it on yourself).  It's as easy as that.



I should warn you not to go digging up that onion-garlic buttery goodness in the bottom of the dish.  You definitely do not want to be scooping that up onto a piece of fresh bread.  Mmmmmmm,....no, I said no.

Ah well, now you've gone and done it.  You'll just have to finish it now and I don't want to hear a single complaint about tight jeans in the morning.  ;)

10 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

I must admit that I haven't tried shallots. They look great, and I definitely will do so! T.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Well that just sounds like some awesomeness to add to steak...and the bread thing....oh yeah! and LOL! You have a dish with peas on it!! Love it!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I've never tried shallots but you've just convinced me to! Mouth watering!!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I've never tried shallots but you've just convinced me to! Mouth watering!!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I've never tried shallots but you've just convinced me to! Mouth watering!!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I've never tried shallots but you've just convinced me to! Mouth watering!!

Mindy said...

Oooh la la. You had me at onion-garlic buttery goodness. :o)

Adrianne Surian said...

I love onions. My sister has a dish she makes with the little pearl ones, they look really similar, with a cream sauce. MmmmMmmm...

Magic Love Crow said...

Ok, when am I invited over??? My mouth is watering! This is so evily good ;o) Is evily a word? LOL!

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

Another recipe I need to try :) Looks great, Terry!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...