Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Boy's Scarf

You might remember the little girl version of the crocheted scarf that I made for Sandra (the neighbour).  Well, this week is the little boy version for Samuel (also the neighbour).  I sort of used the same pattern from Naida's Croquet.

I sent out a request for help (via Facebook) last week to determine whether or not Samuel's scarf should have a fringe.  The overwhelming response was NO.

f/5, 1/25, 1600ISO

I still wanted to make sure the length was going to be adequate and that it had a little flare, so I added a block that I crocheted in the opposite direction to each end of the scarf.  I also worked the half double crochet in only the back of the stitches to give it a bit of texture.

f/8, 1/6, 1600ISO
So, two handmade gifts down,..only,....how many more to go? Okay, let's not think about that,..let's just go back to the scarf.  :)

f/3.8, 1/20, 1600ISO

This is where I'm partying:

13 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

It looks great! I'm glad you didn't do the fringe. I love what you did with the ends so much better!

Kei said...

That scarf looks great, perfect for a boy! :) I like how you finished the ends!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea for the ends! It turned out so cute! You are getting so good!:)I am sure he will love it.

Mindy said...

Perfect! I too, like the way you did the ends.
I just bought scarves for the kids at the Dollar Tree. lol

Ruth said...

The scarf is great for a boy. I love how you did the ends. Awesome gift.
Ruth

Macey said...

I love the ends too!

Q @ JAQS said...

What a handsome looking scarf :)

If you get a chance - love for you to link up to my "Made by ME" linky party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-9-linky-party-and-features.html

Jennifer said...

beautiful!!

Chrissy said...

Looks great!! I love to crochet!! I'm a new follower! :)

PeggyJean said...

I really love this because its for a boy! I can't wait to try to make this for my husband! Thanks for sharing!

HoneySage said...

I like the opposite blocks at the ends. It has a finished look. Thanks for sharing!

Trish@MomOnTimeout said...

Very cute! I can see my little guys in scarves - particularly this lovely gray! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again tomorrow :)

Trish@MomOnTimeout said...

Just pinned this too!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...