Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Victorian Heart

Do you remember the leftover piece of cardboard from making the heart book-page wreath?


I've been meaning to do something with it for weeks now but haven't been inspired.  Turned out tonight was the night. I went at it with some ribbons, pearls and gold to give it a Victorian effect.

I started by painting the cardboard piece using acrylic paint in 'spun gold'.



Next I glued a cream-coloured ribbon to the back and then just started to wrap it around randomly, trying to get a nice-looking pattern on the front.  When that ribbon was finished I added a lacy version of the same ribbon.



I dug out the rest of the garland that was leftover from the Angel Face project.


I separated the gold beading from the pearls and glued the gold beading around the edge of the heart.  The pearls were glued onto the back with the tassel at the top so that I could hang the heart (though I haven't figured out where it's going so I'm not sure that's going to be necessary).

The last thing I did was to cut off a handful of pearls and glue them individually at intervals on the front.




I'm linking up here:


Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

Polka said...

so simple, yet so cute :) love it!!

best
polka

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

I love it, Terry- how creative are you! The heart is so pretty with the pearls and gold beads. I love cream and gold together!

Michelle said...

Very creative, very pretty.

Becky and the Beanstock said...

That's so pretty, and so inspired. You make it look so easy. I can hear you now... "Oh, I've got this piece of cardboard taking up space in my work area. I could recycle it. Or, I could turn it into something amazing. Yes, let's do that..." :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Isn't that lovely? I need to be better about looking more closely at things to see if they could be repurposed!

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (and for linking back-I appreciate that!). Stop by Serenity Now soon. :)

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Terry, I love it! Great idea!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...