Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Beamsville Market

Saturday was our town's first market.  Nothing says summertime to me quite like the country market.  I love all of the fresh produce.  I love talking with the families that plant and harvest these fabulous fruits and vegetables.  I love how everyone seems so cheery, smiling, nodding, maybe sparking up a brief conversation.  I love everything about the market.


But my favourite thing? My absolute favourite thing is the flowers.  








We also got baby zucchini, the first local strawberries, radishes the size of your fist and asparagus, but every day I enjoy these flowers.

5 comments:

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Oh for sure these are lovely. Our local strawberries are out now as well...I saw the sign at our country store last night but they were already closed. I'm going today. Never had baby zucchini but is has to be marvelous!

Unknown said...

I love Gerber daises!!! I haven't been here for a while. I love the new look! And your jewelry is beautiful!! I so admire people that can do that. My fingers just don't work that way! It was nice catching up with you. :)

Terriea Kwong said...

I love fruit market too but we're in Hong Kong do not have such. Love the atmosphere and the interaction of people. The flowers are pretty and make us cheerful.

Mindy said...

Our farmer's market opened a couple weeks ago for the summer and we go every Sunday with the kids. It's close enough to walk and I LOVE IT! The flower venders make me drool, but I can never justify buying any. :o( Maybe I'll save my pennies and buy myself some peonies next Sunday. :o)

Rivki Locker said...

The colors on those flowers are simply lovely. Amazing what nature can produce, isn't it?

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...