Saturday, May 14, 2011

Starfish

Yvonne over at Style Burb had a spring mantel with these adorable sugar starfish.  She mentioned that she got them at Michaels so when I was there I had a look.  I found these gorgeous white ones and picked up one (because I wanted to use the 40% off coupon because I am frugal cheap).  Anyway, in the end I want to pick up three and then hang them on the wall.

In the meantime, I put the lone starfish on a bed of towels.




He (she?) looked so lovely there, awaiting his spot on the wall once all of his friends arrived.  This is how he  looked later in the day:


Notice anything missing?  Yeah!

At first I suspected this guy (mostly because it usually IS him that is the cause of any trouble):


But further evidence pointed to Pete and I do believe he ate said starfish.  Ouch! Let's hope this isn't one of those stories that ends up at the Pet Clinic ER.

 

Addendum:  With a sigh of relief I wanted to mention that the ER crisis seems to have,...uh,...passed uneventfully.  :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no! It did look really pretty on the towels. Pete!!

Unknown said...

Life with pets is rarely boring. I am glad it all came out okay but I bet it was an expensive chewie treat even with 40% off. But your pets are adorable.
Traci

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Oh my gosh...my dog has been obsessed with my starfish, too! He would totally love to get his chops on them- I think they must smell like ocean. Glad you dog's okay. I love those white starfish, I need to get some. Thanks for the shout out, BTW!

Becky and the Beanstock said...

So pretty! I have several blue ones - and in fact we top our Christmas tree with the largest one. I glued a silver star in the center of it, and put a bit of glitter (not too much) on the ends of its arms. I love how the white one looks with the towels.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...